How nasty tasting is this stuff???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr_girlfriend

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just wanted to share something I thought was funny. I recently bought some Internal Parasite medicate food from Jungle for my gourami and also for my flowerhorn (see if that will help her mystery spots).
Well, as I suspected the FH won't have it. But I expected that from her, shes pickier than a 5 year old with food. So I crush it up and feed it to my gouramis. They eagerly bite at it......and spit it out. Ok, so I'm thinking picky fish right?
Then my kitty cat comes up on the desk where I have some spilled algae wafers and the parasite medicate food. She loves fish food btw. She eats up the algae wafers, licks up any spilled flake food, sniffs at the parasite food and turns her nose up at it!
So I'm wondering, how disgusting is this stuff? None of my fish will eat it and even my cat won't have anything to do with it! :lol: (and i'm not willing to try either!)

heh.. that must be some pretty bad tasting food.. i guess its like most medicine.. nasty.

my cats do the same, except for one of them, which doesn't want a thing to do with anything from the water. it won't eat tuna, shrimp, or any treats containing it...

dr_girlfriend said:
I recently bought some Internal Parasite medicate food

*stops reading* VERY NASTY!

jk, heh. interesting story. Interesting sounding pets you got. I've never met a flowerhorn, but they sound... interesting.

something i heard that works for flake/powder/capsul items, try using some garlic oil or rub some garlic on it (the oil of garlic is said to be really appealing to fishy taste buds)

good idea serlunchbox. Maybe that would make my gouramis eat it. Don't know abou the FH though, she won't even eat nice tasty krill or tubifex worms.
To make this story even more pathetic, me and my husband have been "gluing" the medicated pellets to the FH's favorite sticks with flour/water paste. I'm going to try it later tonight, (crosses fingers)

dr_girlfriend said:
Then my kitty cat comes up on the desk where I have some spilled algae wafers and the parasite medicate food. She loves fish food btw.

LOL - had to laugh. My hubby thinks I spoil our kitties - 2 of the 5 LOVE fish food and recognize the sound of me opening the container...they come running from wherever they are and take up their perches waiting for their "bites". They have spots by each tank they beg from.....

Send it to me. If my dog won't eat it, then its inedible. He loves fish food too. and just about everything else. Don't ask!

I bought the same stuff for my fish. It is pretty bad. It doesn't even smell like fish food, more like old paint or rancid oil. In The future I think I'll just buy the meds and make my own medicated food.

funny topic, I used to use regular meds for years, i bought the medicated fish food, fed it one time for simple ick...... every fish in the tank died!! I wish bad taste had been the case for me....lol

Back
Top Bottom