How often do you feed your fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My discus... 3 times a day.
Twice a day the live bearers tank.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Once a day. And quite minimal too.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

3 times for the guppy tanks, twice on the breeding corys and plecos and once on everybody else who is just there to look pretty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Discus get twice a day as they are juvenile. Everyone else is fed once daily.

FBT are fed once every other day.

Caleb

Display tank fed daily(once)
breeder tank as much as they will eat up to 3 feedings daily usually 1 or 2.
Fry as often as possible.
Marine tanks 1 or 2 times a week.

IMO if not growing or breeding 1 minimal feeding a day is best and many skip a day a week.

I feed most tanks once a day skipping one day a week usually. I feed fry as many times as I can buy usually ends up being once because of my busy schedule. The dwarf puffer tank I add snails once a week. One benefit of having the pond, all the snails I could want.

How many snails do you add for the puffer?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Endlers and least killifish tanks: twice a day
16g community: every other day
The smaller nano fish and shrimp tanks: I alternate days between fish food and shrimp food

How many snails do you add for the puffer?

I add anywhere from 5-20. I try to get a couple larger ones that will have a chance to reproduce in the tank and a bunch of little tiny ones. It's super easy to find them in the pond. Under lily pads, all over the 10ft long anacharis plants, pretty much everywhere I look in the pond.

The puffer won't just eat them all at once?
I add anywhere from 5-20. I try to get a couple larger ones that will have a chance to reproduce in the tank and a bunch of little tiny ones. It's super easy to find them in the pond. Under lily pads, all over the 10ft long anacharis plants, pretty much everywhere I look in the pond.

Thanks for the help!

The puffer won't just eat them all at once?

Thanks for the help!

That's why he only puts in so many. I do believe a puffer would be the one to eat itself to death lol. Any snail in there is a dead snail before long.

Caleb

That's why I have too keep adding them too, the puffers won't let them breed for long and if they find the eggs they eat them too.

Back
Top Bottom