How to Add BN Plec's to AC Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CCXGT

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 60G Mbuna tank, it's stock is 20 fish;

3x Yellow Lab (2-3")
1x Yellow-tail Acei (2.5")
3x Red Zebra (1.5-2")
4x Red Top Cobalt (2-3")
4x Snow White (2-2.5")
2x Super Red Top Ndumbi (3-3.5")
3x Elongatus (1.5-2")

I've really been wanting to add an Ancistrus to the tank for some time, not just for cleaning but I think it will be a nice contrast to the colours and energy of the Mbuna.

I have no plans on adding any more Mbuna for a while and was wondering what the best way to add them might be.

I might add that I haven't seen a BN anywhere larger than 2", would this be an alright size to add?

Should I pick up two?

How long should I acclimate for?

Will they survive the first night by finding a cave?

Basically, anything I might not know, tell me.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a BN in my tank with Ciclids ranging from 3" to about 7". No one bothers him but I have lots if caves for him to attach to.

I have a BN in my tank with Ciclids ranging from 3" to about 7". No one bothers him but I have lots if caves for him to attach to.

Well I use Ocean Rock so there's no lack of caves.

What size is he?

Did you add him solo to the tank?

Just be aware that you probably won't see it too often. They typically will spend more of the time in the caves if they can.

Just be aware that you probably won't see it too often. They typically will spend more of the time in the caves if they can.

Yeah I'm fine with that.
Obviously I'll try to find it every time I look at the tank, and the whole hide-and-seek thing is one of the best things about Plec's in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom