How to care for rubber lip plecos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Slow growers too. My l134 is only 3" and almost 2 years old. My juvie bn grew like way fast.. my rio paraguay is slow growing too..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The l134 looks awesome!
I would say you could do a rubber lip in the 10 for 3 months max before it outgrows the tank. Then move it to the 30. Cool fish, I got a BN pleco and he hides most of the day but turn the lights on at night and he's on the front lines along with all the snails! They do all need driftwood though, and you do have that so I'd say you're all set!

Bristle nose. They come in albino, lemon, red, brown, calico, marbled, green dragon and then all those come in short or long fin varieties I believe. Ton of choices just with those. Clown pleco could work too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think that bristlenose and rubberlip are the best options for a 30. I don't doubt there are other kinds that stay small but I know that outside of the most common species, plecos can cost a LOT.

I think I'm getting a standard BN pleco. It'll look good in my tank.
Now I just have to try to get rid of the rainbow fish and tetras in my 30 gallon cos they keep nipping at my female bettas fins

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Gold nuggets? Mine is in a heavily planted. Just tryin to give ya some suggestions.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom