How to clamp CSL moonlite PC on acrylic??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HotSauce

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Saw one of the CSL moonlite fixture and noticed how it is clamped to the edges of a glass aquarium. I have a 40 g, 36inch acylic tank and just couldnt figure out how to clamp that thing on top. Anyone have any opinion or experience pls let me know...

It just sits on top. the legs lock it into place as they hang down a litle on each side. If you bought the 36" light you woul have no problems. CSL is however out of business so you may have a hard time finding one.If you d find one there is no warranty on them.

FYI - I just picked up a 48" CSL with moonlight this weekend (it rocks !!) and it comes with rubber pads which the instructions you use to protect Acrylic tanks. They can be fitted to the legs (provided) if you plan to raise the lights or directly to the light fixture if you're gonna lay it directly on the tank edges.

After a LOT of phone calls I found a store in Hayward (Superway Aquarium) that had one left. If you don't mind a long drive, I spoke with Bernie at Tropical Haven in Modesto yesterday and at the time he had 2 48" hoods left over. If you're not looking for a 48" then try Aquarium Concepts in Hayward, I think they have some other sizes available.

Back
Top Bottom