How to clean outside of tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Impulse09

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to clean the glass because my kids touch it all day, when I do it seems lime I spook the fish. My rainbow fish turn black and swim really fast I don't want them to hop out of the top. Any suggestions?

Have you tried cleaning it with the tank light out? Maybe with the tank light out and a dimly lit room? Just a thought. I haven't had that problem. Good luck!

Witt2002 said:
Have you tried cleaning it with the tank light out? Maybe with the tank light out and a dimly lit room? Just a thought. I haven't had that problem. Good luck!

I agree, do it when its dark and they can't see. Lol.

On a slightly unrelated note...what are you using to clean the glass? Most window cleaners are toxic to fish, so spraying them onto a paper towel while standing a long way away from the tank and THEN wiping the glass is much safer than spraying the glass and wiping.

I use water, but if I use winded I would put it on a paper towel first of course

I wouldn't put winded anywhere near my tank :p water, diluted vinegar, or isopropyl alcohol works well.

--Adeeb

adeebm said:
I wouldn't put winded anywhere near my tank :p water, diluted vinegar, or isopropyl alcohol works well.

--Adeeb

Alcohol is a good idea! I hope it's less streaky than water

Back
Top Bottom