How to move a tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake_71

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am probably be getting a fish tank stand this weekend for my 10 gallon. I am only moving it about 4 feet. I was thinking to empty about 7 gallons into a 2 gallon bucket and a 5 gallon bucket. Keep three gallons in the tank with the fish and move it. I would have my dad help me move it so I did the math if we both carried it, it would only be about 17 pounds for both of us. So I was thinking this would be a good idea. Any suggestions?

I am probably be getting a fish tank stand this weekend for my 10 gallon. I am only moving it about 4 feet. I was thinking to empty about 7 gallons into a 2 gallon bucket and a 5 gallon bucket. Keep three gallons in the tank with the fish and move it. I would have my dad help me move it so I did the math if we both carried it, it would only be about 17 pounds for both of us. So I was thinking this would be a good idea. Any suggestions?

I have moved my tank before and I did it the way you are going to do your tank you should be ok just move slow to be safe

Ok cool ill have my dad and maybe a friend but I don't think it will be all that hard.

Prob about 90 pounds i think 1 gal is 8.25 or something like that. Make sure you dont shift alot of weight in the tank when moving

Back
Top Bottom