How to post pics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tbox

Aquarium Advice FINatic
When I attach a picture from my gallery, it says "upload failed". "Exceeds your quota by 224.6KB"
what gives, eh?

Hi, Hope this works on your technology like it works on mine:

-After writing your message, scroll down and click on Manage Attachments
-Then click Choose File. Your pictures, wherever they are, should show up (mine are on the desktop home page)
-Choose one, then click the site's Select. Then click their Upload.
-Close their window and click Submit Reply
-***You won't see it attached but it's there and will show up after you've finished the post***
-All this must be repeated for each photo even if you want to attach several to one message

I had to write all this down on paper in order to follow it, then was confounded when the pic was nowhere to be seen. I gave up and just sent the post. Surprised when it was there!

The "exceeds data" thing could be either that you have too much stored and need to trim some pics/info out to match up with this site, or maybe the photo was too big and if you have a choice of sending small, med, or large, medium is usually a size that will get through while being big enough to see here.

Good luck, if this doesn't work exactly with your system, hopefully it will at least inspire a technique that does get it accomplished.

thank you ADsnail!
i have only been using the AA app on my old samsung 7. The desktop AA has alot more features and options that i need to play around with a bit. good directions. I had to test it out.:thanks:

Hmm, that still did not attach pics. Continuing to say my quota is over. I think that translates to I've exceeded my allotment of attachments to AA.

Or exceeded storage quota in your device's mailbox in general, and AA may be the most sensitive hence it is reporting before anyone else does. As far as my experience goes, any time the word "exceeded" comes up, it means I need to start deleting. Sometimes a lot. There have been times I thought I deleted stuff but somehow it didn't happen so I have to look at what I can live without, both pictures and text. The whimsey of the internet :]

I haven’t been able to attach pics for years. I use my on line photo app and add links to photos when I post. Not the best option but it’s the only way I’ve been able to get around the problem.

Back
Top Bottom