How to prime my Jebo filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

frechie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello there,

I'm desperate for help from anyone who might have an idea about how to get my external canister filter working again please (Jebo 809).

I was given this filter so do not have an instruction booklet or anything. I recently noticed that my swordtails were disappearing, only to find that they'd been sucked up the inlet pipe into the filter below. On cleaning it out last time, and slowly working out how to put it back together (someone else used to do it for me) I covered the inlet pipe with flyscreen to ensure the safety and survival of my fish from now on.

However - the pump is not sucking the water out and pumping it back in. The only thing I did differently was clean the pipes (meaning that they were empty of water). I filled the canister to capacity and ensured the inlet and outlet pipes were secure in the tank..turned it on only to hear a stuttering noise and no flow. Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong? I've tried pouring water into the inlet pipe, and also sucking on the other end to try and get the water through the system (yuck!)... but alas - no result.

I'm finally at my wits end and really need help as the water is getting a bit mucky and smelly. I do have an air pump on daily for them to have oxygen, I'd just love this filter to work again.

Thank you for your help.

I could post details of my tank but do not think it would really make any difference to solving my problem. Thank you also for your time in reading my plea for help.

Back
Top Bottom