howdy all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gadgetrunt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Howdy all. I'm new here but not necessarily new to fishkeeping. Ive had several thriving saltwater tanks over the years but am doing my first 30 gallon planted freshwater tank. I've got a Nicrew 30" light with the timer, 2 Java ferns, 4 stalks of wisteria, 2 dwarf sagittaria, and a chain sword. The tank has been cycling for 2 weeks and has 4 ghost shrimp at the moment. Im wanting to put 4-5 cardinal tetras, 4-5 harlequin tetras, 2 Cory cats, and a Bolivian ram eventually. What I'm wondering is how many can I safely add at a time. I'm wanting to add the cardinals or harlequins on Sunday with the Cory's possibly. Then the other school and then in a few weeks the bolivian ram. Just curious if I should add all of the schools, one school and the Cory's, or what. Thanks so much and hope everyone is safe during the apocalypse. Cheers.

I'm safe during the apocalypse hahahahaha, im actually in a freshwater aquarium forum during this apocalypse hahahaha.

However, since you are not new to fishkeeping as you said, I'm guessing you tough about the different parameters the fish you want to have.

Try to look if the water parameters for all species of fish you want is similar, also the plants. Perhaps, check if they need root nutrients or water nutrients (some plants get their nutrients from the water and others from their roots waaaay more)

Take in consideration that ramirezi is territorial fish (not agressive but really territorial) when adding fish, you dont want it to feel pressured from other fish, so I would say bottom feeders first, then the schooling and rams for last so it doesn't need to fight for its space for new fishing arriving into his house.

Good luck, hope it gives you a new perspective..

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. Thats what I was thinking. Also I heard it might be best to keep the Cory's in a group of 3. Everything I've read shows that water parameters are the same ranges for the fish and plants im wanting to keep. Plus I'm trying to keep a South American vibe. Unless the data ive seen is wrong. Thanks again.

Attachments

• 20200612_150828.jpg
    20200612_150828.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 20
Cory's min is 3, schooling fish min is 6, ramirezi u can have a lonely guy but a pair works better.
Good luck with south America style, im from Brazil, the same forest where this fish came from, and its reaaaallly diverse. Your tank will be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom