HTH pool filtration sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reej117

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a dirted tank with a HTH pool filtration sand cap and the sand has been making the water cloudy for the last 2 week. The tank is already planted and has fish in it. How should I get the cloudy water out. My tank is 180 gallons and it has a Fx4. The tank is cycled and i know it is not a bacterial bloom. Also the tank is only cloudy with the tank lights on when the the room lights are the only lights on I can see threw the tank and it is crystal clear. Also the tank was clear 5 days after I set it up then the bloom came then the cloudy sand water.

I have a dirted tank with a HTH pool filtration sand cap and the sand has been making the water cloudy for the last 2 week. The tank is already planted and has fish in it. How should I get the cloudy water out. My tank is 180 gallons and it has a Fx4. The tank is cycled and i know it is not a bacterial bloom. Also the tank is only cloudy with the tank lights on when the the room lights are the only lights on I can see threw the tank and it is crystal clear. Also the tank was clear 5 days after I set it up then the bloom came then the cloudy sand water.

I had a tank with pool filter sand for substrate and I never had issues with cloudy water. IMO it isn't the sand causing the cloudiness. Water changes will help. You can also use Purigen and/or extra filter floss. Dirted tanks, especially depending on the type of dirt you used, can contain organics that are constantly dissolving, and can potentially create water cloudiness and other issues during the first few months.

Back
Top Bottom