HUKIT, Aski, Garfy: ID these ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freakgecko91

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my mom and sister went to visit my other sister recently, who lives in Maryland. They were at the National Zoo in DC and sent me the attached picture with the caption: "guess what these are?" I made a few guesses (will tell what they are after you guys help ID them) and she told me that she forgot what they were! Then she said "oh wait, I remember! Black pacu!" I laughed and said no way. What do you guys think?

image-2957896244.jpg

What's Aski going to identify? Those are cichlids not different vodka labels, he probably passed out watching American Idol!

Parachromis dovii.

Last edited:
Hahahaha fair enough

Good, that's what I told her they were, she was insistent on them being pacu haha until I finally told her not to question the family fish nerd

Good, that's what I told her they were, she was insistent on them being pacu haha until I finally told her not to question the family fish nerd

I know that feeling, my sister called me last night about how to keep a turtle alive her daughter found...I'm like how the heck do I know and she responded about me being a fish geek I should've known!

Last edited:
A few weeks ago, my buddy said his younger sister (she's 18 or 19) had some questions to ask me about setting up a fish tank. I was like cool! Fire away. I told her to just forget it when she used the words betta and 1 gallon bowl hahaha

What's Aski going to identify? Those are cichlids not different vodka labels, he probably passed out watching American Idol!

Parachromis dovii.

I agree. The one in the background really has the Dovii face.

Aski - you're gonna take that from a guy who drinks red apple ale!

A few weeks ago, my buddy said his younger sister (she's 18 or 19) had some questions to ask me about setting up a fish tank. I was like cool! Fire away. I told her to just forget it when she used the words betta and 1 gallon bowl hahaha

Yeah, 90% of the time when people tell me they have or want fish, it's some bowl or joke tank. Keep in mind we are crazy by most people's standards for knowing the types of fish we have!

Yeah, 90% of the time when people tell me they have or want fish, it's some bowl or joke tank. Keep in mind we are crazy by most people's standards for knowing the types of fish we have!

At work, a customer asked me if I went to see Star Trek. Told him its not really my thing. So he then said "oh you musta been out gettin too much you know what" with this ridiculous grin. I laughed hysterically at that one, and said "no, I'm a nerd alright, just a completely different kind of nerd!" He asked me how so. All I had to say was "I know Scientific names of dozens of fish." He gave me this look like "wtf?!"

Should've included you in the title! Sorry man! Those three were just active the other night and my mind is no where to be found lately

Back
Top Bottom