Humidity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beglely

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys. Winter is creeping up slowly (its already around 65 degrees right now at the end of August--much to my dismay) and I was wondering how everyone here combats humidity from their fish tanks? When I moved home for the summer (which will now be an extended stay till January) we saw a decent rise in humidity in the house already. Im concerned for when winter comes and we close up the house that I will be living in the equivalent of a rain forest. Just curious if anyone else fights this problem. Web wasnt much help. I do have a dehumidifier but would prefer not to run it all winter. Thanks.

I have 2 large tanks in my basement and haven't had much of an issue. The dehumidifer can help, but wait and see if you really need it.

i really dont have too much of a problem too. the more you seal the tank up the less you have to worry about it. you prob wouldnt have to run the dehumidifier 24/7

Alright Ill keep an eye on it when the time comes. My father is the one who is most concerned, so Im working on calming his worries lol.

Back
Top Bottom