Hydor Slim Skim assistance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Higgy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've got a slim skim (65g)...it produces very few bubbles. Adjusting small valve at end of tubing has no effect at all.

Instructions are horrible and i am still waiting on any kind of support from hydor.

Anyone have any ideas?

Are you able to adjust the water level or depth of the cup? They do take a couple weeks to "break in". The deeper the cup is down or higher the water level the more skimmate. Where do you have you air hose connected to on the pump?

I connected to the port on the pump per the directions and hooked up the line to the adjustable black needle valve. I have adjusted the cup with no effect. Internally the slum skim is barely producing any bubbles at all...not sure how that portion would need to be broken in...this seems like a horrible skimmer so far with poor support

I had a different brand, but the air hose should connect to a hollow pin on the inlet screen to the pump, not a port on the side of the pump. If that helps.

Back
Top Bottom