I am a fishkeeping newbie can a fish disappeare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gaz77

Aquarium Advice Regular
His morning in my tank I had 4 cardinal tetras and this evening I have 3 and no sign of the other ! As he been abducted by aliens!

LOL, It's unlikely that he was abducted by aliens...government spy maybe, but not aliens.

What size tank do you have and how is it decorated? Fish can easily hide in most tanks. The concern would be if he did go off to die, leaving a dead fish in the tank can really wreck your water quality. Do you have a test kit to check your water parameters?

Check the floor around the tank and even the filter. As already stated you'd be surprised where they can not only hide but get stuck in. Also other fish and snails will readily eat on a dead carcass.

Thank you woke up this morning to find on of the cherry barbs dead half in my filter .cleaned the tank and done a water change but still no sign of the tetra I have checked the filter as well it's a bit fishy if you ask me !

One of my rummynose tetras jumped out my tank, it had a lid on too! Might be worth checking the floor or behind cabinet if its on one.

One of my rummynose tetras jumped from my tank, even tho it had a lid on. It mite be worth checking the floor around or behind any cabinet the tank is on.

I had a shrimp jump out of my tank once, and a Cory go and nestle himself tight in behind a plant at the back of the tank when he went off to die (I ended up having to remove almost all plants and ornaments before I found him). Good luck in your search!

Back
Top Bottom