I am starting new tank 20g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Belladog0

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had a fw for a while and I have changed to saltwater recently. My tank is set up and has the right amount of salt in. My hydrometer has told me I'm in the range. And these are the things I have

Salt mixed with water already
Sand is already in
Heater is in
Filter is in
Light is in
Live rock needs to be bought
Still need fish

Also I have a 20 gallon tank as you know. I am wondering how much live rock I need how many lbs?? I do might get some amonoe too so how many lbs?

Also what fish should I get. I have also been thinking about blue tuxedo urchins. I would like to know more about them.

Also I want a cleaner crew like a shrimp and etc so what should my cleaner crew be??

Sorry for all the questions!
Thanks!

hey, i just started a 20G L myself... man it gets expensive fast, which i'm sure you've noticed. what everyone told me was that you could get like 60-70% dry rock and then the rest cured live rock and if you have patience it will eventually make the dry rock "live" as for stocking i am working on that one myself,GL!

You want to figure about 1 to 1.5 lbs of rock per gallon it will depend on the density.

For fish don't overstock that is the biggest mistake people make here is some suggestions Nano Fish I have what the lfs called a cane cane goby most likely a wheeler goby and tiger pistol shrimp combination in my 24 gallon. I am looking for one more fish for the water column I am leaning towards a chalk bass but have thought of possum wrasse if I can get my hands one one. I like wrasses lol. It is best to decide on the stocking before you start so you can put your least aggressive fish in first.

Back
Top Bottom