I cant get anything done!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tasha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok my husband is starting to worry about me, lol. We have 2 20 gallon tanks. One in my kitchen, one in my middle daughters bedroom. I swear everytime he walks through a room he catches me with my nose on the glass. Seriously I keep a can of glass cleaner right next to the tank because I dont like all the smudges.

Im obsessed. I get nothing done on my days off because I just sit and watch and move to the next one, LOL. I know its good thing to enjoy our fish, but I hope the obsession wears off a little and soon or my family, house, dogs and cats are going to get neglected!!

I heard fish tanks lower blood pressure. I think mine raises ;) I freak if any of them dont look ok, I protect the fry by a light tap on the glass to warn them, lol.

any other nuts out there?:D

That's a good thing. I get OCD about my tanks. If you catch yourself ignoring them, you'll start slacking on maintenance, and eventually let it go. I can sit for hours and watch my fish. I love it.

I'm right there with you. Sometimes I sit there with my face smooshed up against the glass and wish I could just climb inside!

I take an average of 50 photos per day of my fish. I spend a lot of time looking. :)

HN1 and I have over 70 tanks. I would not say you are a nut. :p

As an aside, be sure to spray your paper towel with the glass cleaner rather than spraying it on to the tanks. You wouldn't want to get that into your tanks! I'm sure you knew that though. :)

Oh, and I haven't seen you here before so WELCOME to AA!

We wouldn't all be here if we weren't obsessed. I know I am almost always reading something here, whether it's an entertaining story, or some of the advice available here, or even a current stocklist of some of the breeders here (hint, hint... what's new guys?). I, too am like Tim, taking 50 or photos of my tanks daily. Heck, I even have the AA app for my iphone so I cen check things on the go!! Welcome to the madness!!!

I'm obsessed too! I can hardly get my nose away from the glass at home, but when I'm not, I'm almost always here! I start and end the day with a fish count, and often catch myself daydreaming about upgrading my tanks when I don't have access to either!

Yep, I'm guilty of having my face-smooshed against the glass and it drives my husband nuts! lol

I wasn't really that bad about watching the fish so much until I joined this site. So... I blame you guys! :p I guess I just find them more interesting now and take more time out of my busy schedule to enjoy them more. I can barely remember my first tank that I owned around 15 years ago, but I know I wasn't like this with that tank. lol

I really think that by watching the fish it gives me a sense of accomplishment. That I'm keeping the fish healthy and spoiling them with treats and attention. It also seems to reduce stress quite a bit. I love coming home from work to see my fish swimming around at the top waiting for their food. It's as if they have a dinner bell go off as soon as I walk in the door. lol

Oh my god. I'm the exact same way.

I feel like I'm in limbo right now. My life is falling apart very quickly. The only things keeping me sane are my fish. I love them. I watch them for hours. I clean the glass every day because I "kiss" them and put my hands all over the glass. I have one of those televised chamois thingies...cham WOWs!, I think. I stole it from my mama. They rub off the oil from my skin pretty well (and I have very oily skin haha).

When I get upset or stressed or just in a bad mood, I go straight to my tank, enjoy the fish and plants and it will almost immediately calms me down. I love my tanks :D

Back
Top Bottom