I.d. please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keao_m

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently acquired this from a lady who was moving to Italy and couldn't take it with her. I have tried to find something about this thing but had no luck. Any hello is greatly appreciated

ForumRunner_20120903_204657.jpg

That is a Tube anemone. They have a pretty potent sting, and will catch and eat smaller fish, if given the chance. Also, they will NOT host clownfish, they would become dinner too.

+1
Tune anemone for sure. I have one in my pico and they are awesome. They will open up to about a 6 inch span. Also just an FYI, they do not rely on lighting like a normal anemone. Mine like mysis about once a week but it eats mostly trace elements already in the tank. Oh and keep him away from other corals cuz it will sting the crap out of others around it.

Awesome color btw, mine is the color coral/pink with the same green inside.

thank you guys a bunch. so i should just leave it on the sand? it is in my 25 gallon tank. its super cool to watch i love the way it flows

Yeah that where mine is, oh low flow too. Way cool to watch I agree.

I have mine about 60% under the sand. Mine likes that so I just stuck with that. If you watch it, it will come out of that "shell" like tube it has about another 2-3 inches.

What an Awesome article. Didn't know of the PVC method and sound like it would have been much easier to do then constantly fight the sand as I was digging.

Hey keao, on a side note I have handled this puppy a few times and have never been stung. Nor have I lost a single fish. He is in a smaller tank so there is only the one goby in there with him, but this article is very accurate IMO. Good luck with it!

Thank you. I only handled it twice and never been stung also. It is in the tank with 2 ocellaris clowns. The lady also gave them to me and I'm sure they already know to stay clear. That article really helped clear some things up. Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom