i got frozen bloodworms, just a question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brian7

Aquarium Advice Regular
i got the package that had little individual cubes. How would i give this to my fish? the whole cube frozen? thawed? or half the cube?
6 guppies
5 danios
6 tiger barbs
soon more to come...

Just get some tank water in a plastic container and defrost the food in that then pour it in the tank. I think one cube might be a little much so i would cut it in half then defrost and see if they eat it all.

The only thing I feed blood worms is my oscars. And I just drop the whole thing in there and its gone in no time. I keep my tiger barbs in the other tank and there small so I don't really feed them much other then flakes

you really think my 17 fish would eat the whole cube? they arent that small, but arent to big either. i dont want to have to clean up uneaten food.

seekinghealth--- it says on package barbs and guppies, and im pretty sure the pet store was feeding the babs bloodworms (i just purchased them a week ago)

you really think my 17 fish would eat the whole cube? they arent that small, but arent to big either. i dont want to have to clean up uneaten food.

seekinghealth--- it says on package barbs and guppies, and im pretty sure the pet store was feeding the babs bloodworms (i just purchased them a week ago)

I'll bet one cube would be fine for your stock ... The Tiger Barbs themselves could eat most of it. I feed the same cubes ... you could try one cube and do it in 1/3's at a time. Any uneaten will surely be gone within a few hours as they scavenge around. Speaking of BW ... on my way to Petsmart get some more.

I'll bet one cube would be fine for your stock ... The Tiger Barbs themselves could eat most of it. I feed the same cubes ... you could try one cube and do it in 1/3's at a time. Any uneaten will surely be gone within a few hours as they scavenge around.
^Agree. My fish love frozen bloodworms as a occasional treat. My 50 gal I drop a whole cube in but my 20 gals I cut them in half with a table knife. You might try half and see how that works.

brian7 said:

Its not that my barbs are to small, I just don't want to have to brake up the cube. Because all the fish in my ten gallons are small. And most of them won't eat the blood worms anyways. If I had the setup you had I would feed them those. But until I move all the fish from my ten gallon to my 32 gallon I'm not going to feed them that. But since you are, I would go with what everyone says and put them in a container, preferably an unused one, and let them thaw out in you tank water

thanks everyone! a lot of help. ill try half and if its gone quick ill throw the other half in.

Back
Top Bottom