I have exploding fish help me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More pictures

Attachments

• image-3326288647.jpg
    image-3326288647.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 86
  • image-1198330471.jpg
    image-1198330471.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 101
looks like a guppy full of parasite worms. or could be from over feeding

It's a balloon Molly and she had a hole in her for awhile and I've been dosing the tank with lifeguard for a week now. :( will that kill worms? Is this a threat to humans? Like do I need to take caution when handling the aquarium?

Lifeguard is useless and honestly does not treat anything. I have to second that she likely had internal parasites and if she was in your community tank, I would suggest addressing the issue with proper meds as the other fish/tank have been exposed.

Lifeguard is useless and honestly does not treat anything. I have to second that she likely had internal parasites and if she was in your community tank, I would suggest addressing the issue with proper meds as the other fish/tank have been exposed.

What meds do I use then? :(

Medicated foods are always a better option for addressing internal bug issues, however, they would need to be ordered online. A simple alternative would be tetra/jungle parasite med as it contains three different meds to address parasite issues plus acriflavine (antibacterial/antifungal). The caveat is you will need to treat for atleast 7-10 days, redosing every 48hrs after a big wc. I think the box suggests only dosing 1-2x.

Medicated foods are always a better option for addressing internal bug issues, however, they would need to be ordered online. A simple alternative would be tetra/jungle parasite med as it contains three different meds to address parasite issues plus acriflavine (antibacterial/antifungal). The caveat is you will need to treat for atleast 7-10 days, redosing every 48hrs after a big wc. I think the box suggests only dosing 1-2x.

I can do that. Maybe I can soak some bloodworms in the jungle parasite stuff too? I'm going to my lfs in a hour

I can do that. Maybe I can soak some bloodworms in the jungle parasite stuff too? I'm going to my lfs in a hour

Yes, this is a good idea as well. Melafix is useless and doesn't do anymore than lots of wcs does, IMO. Coppersafe is aimed at external parasite issues and should not be used unless you have tests to check copper levels as it can be extremely toxic if not carefully monitored. Copper is also very difficult to remove from a tank properly.

Yes, this is a good idea as well. Melafix is useless and doesn't do anymore than lots of wcs does, IMO. Coppersafe is aimed at external parasite issues and should not be used unless you have tests to check copper levels as it can be extremely toxic if not carefully monitored. Copper is also very difficult to remove from a tank properly.

Ok cool

When you go to your local pet store remember that they are usually in it for the money so make sure that you listen strictley to what people r saying on the website

I'm checking amazon and can't fine the jungle parasite cure, is it tablet or liquid?

I'm checking amazon and can't fine the jungle parasite cure, is it tablet or liquid?

Look under Tetra brand. They bought out Jungle a couple of years ago but quite a few stores still have Jungle products on their shelves. I think it's called parasite guard or parasite tabs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom