I know nothing about this fish. Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D_Tristan22

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was surprised today. And now I have a new fish.

It's a Bolivian ram but I don't know anything of this fish.

It resides in a 30 gallon with the following fish

An angel
4 Dwarf gourami's
4 guppys
2 kuhli loaches

Will it live peacefully with these fish. The tank is planted with driftwood but no caves.

What do I need to know about this fish?

Is it a female or male?

Is it still a young or full grown?

Does fish flakes, frozen blood worm, and sinking shrimp pellets work for this fish diets?

Will it be aggressive alone?

Help...

Any other things I should know will be greatly appreciated.

Thank youImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397602459.087273.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397602507.225445.jpg

It'll be ok, all the foods you listed are fine, watch aggression with the gouramis, if your tank is not well already structured with caves and plants you could add some for her I think..
Ps rams like good clean water but I'm sure angels do to so you're probably already in a good wc routine;)

Okay thank you. So it's a female?
I was thinking of adding the little clay potting cups.
WC is about 30-40% weekly sometime biweekly
Will it be a bad idea to add another Bolivian for company. She looks lonely and scared?

What fish lives with yours?

If you have gaps in your hood they may be escaping. Or you may have them still but they're hiding so well you don't know they're there! The more places to hide they have, the more confident they are in coming out of hiding.

Well the 2 I do have are always out swimming everywhere. I started with 3 and one literally just disappeared. If they were getting out wouldn't I find them dead?

Back
Top Bottom