I need a name.. my first fish who shows personality!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaulieFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, guess what! My male pearl gourami developed a personality today!! I mean all fish swim to the top when i open it.. i guess that can be considered a personality, but my male lets me pet him!!!! I know its a big feat for me so dont judge me.. He actually chills uptop and lets me softly touch the top of him.. And when I reach into the tank (say to fix a plant or something) he comes and investigates instead of running away like the other fish.

So since he has a personality I think its time to give him a name..

Here is a picture.

25368_362006261287_586326287_4272606_6431283_n.jpg

He is absolutely stunning and not only my favorite to watch, but the best in my tank..

So what should I name him.

Well, I will tell you how I named mine....
I had 2 dwarf gouramis, and one was really mean, so his name was Gimli (from LOTR) and the one I have now is named Willow because he does the same thing as your's and is super sweet. Since they are/were dwarves, they got the dwarf names LOL.
I would name him Oyster. Or Feelers. LOL

whiskers? always thought that would be a cool name for a gourami since the feelers look somewhat like whiskers lol

Whiskers makes me think of a cat, or catfish so I cant do that! lol

Well, I will tell you how I named mine....
I had 2 dwarf gouramis, and one was really mean, so his name was Gimli (from LOTR) and the one I have now is named Willow because he does the same thing as your's and is super sweet. Since they are/were dwarves, they got the dwarf names LOL. I would name him Oyster. Or Feelers. LOL

Mine are just normal gourami, I do however like oyster or feelers.. FEELERS!! ahaha thats perfect!! not because of his feelers, but because he likes me to feel him!!!

PERFECTO!! Maybe put a spin on it.. feelio... :p

My guppy Chase is the exact same way. He came from a batch of guppies I bought (my first fish). I lost all the adults to disease, but a female dropped fry. Well most of the fry died except one, chase.

So with all my original guppies dead chase has spent his entire life knowing no other guppies just the human attention I give him.

So now he lets me pet him from time to time and will even sometimes eat flakes right from my fingers! He has quite a personality, and he is a major attention hog. He follows me around the tank as I try to look at different stuff. He always comes straight to the glass to greet me and swims to show off when I am there. Its pretty cool.

That made me giggle! :D
I also love my guppies because they are WAYYY funnier than I expected them to be! They are always up to something, either copying the loaches or trying to pick on another fish or snail (which are bigger than them).

I say name it fondle, or something because when i had one it would like....fondle the other fish in my tank with its feelers.:p

Yayy! I think it's a great name! :D Feelio sounds too much like....well nevermind. LOL ;)

OH SUGAR! didnt think of that.. felix def my top choice now.

My guppy Chase is the exact same way. He came from a batch of guppies I bought (my first fish). I lost all the adults to disease, but a female dropped fry. Well most of the fry died except one, chase.

So with all my original guppies dead chase has spent his entire life knowing no other guppies just the human attention I give him.

So now he lets me pet him from time to time and will even sometimes eat flakes right from my fingers! He has quite a personality, and he is a major attention hog. He follows me around the tank as I try to look at different stuff. He always comes straight to the glass to greet me and swims to show off when I am there. Its pretty cool.

That is absolutely awesome.

Back
Top Bottom