I need a parasite identification PLEASE!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OceanMaiden

Aquarium Advice Freak
That place between sleeping and awake, where drea
So, I put my new goldfish into quarintine and I noticed he had a red streak going down his tailfin. Where the streak stopped there was what appeared to be a tear shaped algea spot. Upon closer examination, the spot moved!! In a very swift crab like manner it circled around and around my fish and then latched onto my fishes stomach. First thoughts were you nasty sneaky %@*&^! I netted my fish and scared this aquatic nusiance into moving. He climbed all the way to the top of the fishes dorsal fin and sat there. Ever so delicately I removed his nastiness with some tweezers, and then burnt him to a crisp with a lighter.

His complete description is as follows, teardrop to oval shape, translucent and light green spotted, Little insect type legs for moving, What appeared to be tiny beady eyes equal distance apart on the round part of the teardrop.

So has anyone else had this before or have any idea of what it is?
I would like to know if I should expect more to appear but I won't know that information until I find out what it is. Any help would be appreciated. If you need me to Ill post a drawing later to give you a better idea. Thanks everyone.

i would also like to know what these are. I had one on my black moor goldfish in my pond a few years ago. I would have said the same description about it, so it is probably the same thing. SOrry i coulden't help, but i'm very curious now.

If it isn't fish lice, try taking a look into aquatic ticks. I had some for a short period of time. They and fish lice cannot tolerate hard water or salt. Try adding either one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom