I need a quick reference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoodFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
How should I place my maxijets they are 1200's in a 50 gal tank...i have 2 plus a return line. that seems like A LOT of water movement!!! Is it too Much?

Right now I have my jets at the back of the on both corners...they are facing inward toward the middle of the front glass. Is this okay?

Also, to add to this, it is making a hole in my sand bed....pushing the sand towards the sides of the tank....it looks very awkward!!! im just wondering what should i do for these problems!!!

TIA,
Ant

Try moving them higher in the tank.. You could also set one to run down the back of the tank and one to point at the front facing the opposite direction. To create a circular motion.

i have this problem alittle bit too, just in one corner of my 29gal... i have a maxi-900 and it pushes my sand away from the opposite side of the tank... its pretty high up { inch or so below water level } .. i plan on getting another 900 soon but im also getting alot of LR .... hopefully that will deflect enough to stop it from happening

since mine is empty atm it does not really bother me, its not to unsightly lol. i do like the idea of the circular motion tho, id try that =)

Back
Top Bottom