I need inspiration for my new 125 Gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Criason

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I picked up this 125 Gallon tank about a year ago and it needed a bit of love before I could get it up and running. I have re sealed it and soon I will be building a top frame for it out of angle iron. I have built my filter and it has started to cycle. The last thing I need to build is the stand. Once that is all done I am pretty much ready to add water and start the whole thing up.

Now here is my problem. I don't know what to put in it...

I am set up for a planted tank. Dirt bottom with black sand cap. I have the lights, CO2 and ferts. I would rather have a friendly community tank not just a single large fish.

What would you do with this tank?

Rainbows, Denison barbs, and a huge shoal of small/med. tetras

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Rainbows, Denison barbs, and a huge shoal of small/med. tetras

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That sounds perfect!!!! Add some cories to that too!!!! 8-10 of them

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

i would say (if you had decent funding) a group of discus like 10, 20 Cory and like 60-80 carnal tetras

My 150 has a nice sized group of rainbows and Denison barbs, then a threadfin acara and severum.

If I had to redo it I would have left the severum out just because he's so aggressive towards everyone. I love the rainbows and Denison barbs though, would recommend that as well.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

fish advice

I agree with the cory cats, they would look really good with denison barbs and tetras.

Plants tank with some nice driftwood would be cool. For fish, a shoal of tetras with some Cories to complement the bottom.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Turquost rainbows lots of them carnal tetras and a large school of peppered corys some bamboo shrimps as welll

I love my Pristine Tetra's. They are beautiful fish.
They get along great with my Denison Barbs too.
I have never had the rainbows but have looked at them really hard...lol

Gone Fishing,
Dale

Back
Top Bottom