i need nano help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fuvibo1

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have just pruchase a used 35 gallons custom nano tank from a lfs at a very great price. i got a wet dry sump, mag7, tank and stand, and 2 - 250watt mh with ballast for only $125, and here is my question, i really wanted to start up a nano tank but i have no clue as i am a newb to reef, i want to know how deep of sand bed do i need, how many lbs of lr should i look at and could i use my current water from my regular tank to begin the cycle of the tank, and also will 2 250watts mh be too much, what kind of heating i need and do i need a chiller, and stuff like that, that could get me rolling and started with this new tank, i will post picture of the tank later, after i get my digital camera back from my sister. instead of using the sump i have made a 10 gallon refrigium. and also wanted to know should i used bio balls or just lr and how deep the sand bed have to be in the refrigum. any help and suggestion will be greatly appreciated, and tia :D

yea it was a great deal i went to the lfs and i saw it and i brough it right away and i have to go back to pick it up with a truck because it won't fit in my little car, i think 125 is a great deal for just the metal halide but if it comes with everything else i will be glad to take it.

Back
Top Bottom