i need nano help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fuvibo1

Aquarium Advice Activist
i have just purchase a used 35 gallons custom nano tank from a lfs at a very great price. i got a wet dry sump, mag7, tank and stand, and 2 - 250watt mh with ballast for only $125, and here is my question, i really wanted to start up a nano tank but i have no clue as i am a newb to reef, i want to know how deep of sand bed do i need, how many lbs of lr should i look at and could i use my current water from my regular tank to begin the cycle of the tank, and also will 2 250watts mh be too much, what kind of heating i need and do i need a chiller, and stuff like that, that could get me rolling and started with this new tank, i will post picture of the tank later, after i get my digital camera back from my sister. instead of using the sump i have made a 10 gallon refugium. and also wanted to know should i used bio balls or just lr and how deep the sand bed have to be in the refugium. any help and suggestion will be greatly appreciated, and tia Very Happy :D

here's the picture of the tank i got :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 35tank.jpg
    35tank.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 69
  • sump_255.jpg
    sump_255.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 10gallonsump.jpg
    10gallonsump.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 66
the 10 gallon sump is the one i made and the sump one the the one that comes with the purchase of the tank and here is another picture of the stand

FYI..........that size really isn't a nano.

go with LR. about 50 - 75 lbs is my recommendation. (1.5 to 2 lbs per gallon is recommended)

Get rid of the bio balls asap. put in lr rubble. Very cheap and much better for the reef (less nitrates).

Jim

Back
Top Bottom