I need some pond build up ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No problem, your posting seems to have rejuvinated this forum. Before this post it was rare to see more than 3 different members active in a single thread.

well looking at my waterfall - here is another thing , what should I do with it - any photos or ideas - can follow the link again and find pond and waterfall phots - maybe someone as any photos or ideas to improve on it - there is a small pool at the top of the falls.

Hey lori....I'm with Roger ....you look in pretty good shape;

but you may think about some type of two-stage waterfall.....

maybe use a sudden drop (kind of a "niagra falls") to a middle area that it could form a small pool, then continue down into main pond area.

another idea would be changing directions.....kind of a "rambling stream"
appraoch!

Bernie

P.S. Hey Roger..... Ponds are one of my favorite areas and would like to drop
in here as often as I can find time to contribute....

so maybe we can compare notes!!?? (LOL!!)

OK lori...

Here's some photo ideas for you to look at:

WaterfallDesigns.jpg

Hope you can see them close enough for details?!

Bernie

i dont want a pond that is in the ground i was think of building an above ground pond

ok here is my design

5 foot wide 9 foot long 3 foot high
2inch by 2inch square tubing frame
1inch by 2inch rectangle tubing for vertical supports
inside the frame grinded down sheet medal so there isnt any sharp edges
all welded except for the corners those will be bolted to gether
a 45 mil rectangle linner to go inside
dirt under neath to add support
pebbles to go in the bottom about 4 inches deep
add some plants (thinking)
add some fish (thinking)
some trees that hang over the pond
i need a cooling system for my pond
it is supposed to get on average 115 degrees in arizona

preciousmoments - I think you posted in the wrong place , I was asking questions on wall build up and waterfall photos - nothing about goldfish - but thanks anyway.

The_Tominator - there is a thread that was started under your name - of you want help , that is where you would post your questions - some one will get back with an answer for you in there,this thread is about me wanting to know if my plans for building up the sides will work and photos on waterfalls. But you should know I have read that maybe under ground will help keep your pond cooler with some of the pond also above ground - I think but like I said if you post this in your own thread it might get answered fastered.

Have fun with your pond - I know I love mine.I just need to tweek it up some.

Ahh yes, I was getting a bit confused as to who or what we were talking about
there (LOL!).

lori....

I posted in another thread also about the fact that any "above ground" portions
should be insulated; insulation takes care of both cold AND heat...if done properly
and thick enough!! Also plant cover does remarkably well for keeping water
temps within range.... as does aeration (fountains, etc).

A note when installing liners.....be carfeul to NOT fully secure your liner until
after at least 2/3 of the water is in. It must be loaded initially in stages...so
that your liner can "give" or properly setlle when the weight of the water is
applied!!

Also.... wasn't completely following what or how you intended to use the sheet metal??? I'd look long and hard at any use of cut metal (grinded off or not);
would prob suggest a number of other materials depending on exactly how you
were intending to use it!??

Bernie

Bernie - do not know where you read sheet metal - would never use that by or on my pond - as for insulating I will be doing that just as an extra safety for liner - I already read loads about filling liner but thank you anyways - I only fill my pond very slowly since I use well water and I have it going through filter media since my iron in the water is somewhat high but not deadly to people or fish - just want to be safe.

Ahhhh....my mistake..it was Tominator who had the design list I was looking at!!

Sorry!!

Bernie

Tominator - everyone needs help at one time or another , no one is dumb - and everyone helps. All you have to do is ask and they will try and answer - this site to what I can see is very quiet and needs all the input it gets - there is not to many new post here - guess they are all at the koivet forum. Even they have posts that tend to stay the same,but every once in a while things do pick up there and here.Keep in mind it is kind of the off season for ponds and most people right now are making plans or asking about their indoor ponds or aquarium setups.

Everyone can use new ideas that is what keeps us all thinking and going till summer finally arrives - Here in canada we can only dream because of all the snow that is outside, to cold to dig or even venture out.

Back
Top Bottom