I need to blow off some steam!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whats the proper way to mount the heater, some say vertical, some say 45 degree angle middle of the tank, some say horizontal

Most people do it vertically or horizontally at the bottom of the tank. I don't think that there's a "wrong" way to mount the heater, provided that the water level is above the fill line and the heater isn't touching anything.

Ive had 2 aqueon normal glass heaters go bad on me and start cocking non stop and form condensation on the inside. They never exploded or anything but I replaced them as soon as I heard the clicking and noticed the condensation. My aqueon pro is awesome though. A sturdy construction that is not glass, can't really tell what it is. But It is powerful, accurate and so far hasn't caused any problems. I also love the black color so I can hide it. (y)

Yep gotta get a new heater, mine is glass also and has condensation on the inside of the heater I'll pick one up tomorrow when i go get my food and filter for my 30 gallon so i can start cycling that tank for my nephews mbunas

Okay I'm in a dilemma, all the stores by me don't Carry the aqueon pro only the one i have right now (glass one) mine does have condensation inside of the glass and I'm getting another heater tomorrow, i don't know what my lfs carries have to check there, i don't have a petco by me, petsmart doesn't Carry them but they do have a fluval edge, any suggestions on which one to get if i can't find the aqueon pro, i will have to also check pet supplies plus also as i can't get to their store site . Thanks

My aqueon pro is awesome though. A sturdy construction that is not glass, can't really tell what it is. But It is powerful, accurate and so far hasn't caused any problems. I also love the black color so I can hide it. (y)

Not to mention the red and green lights. It's like having a stoplight in my tank!

Most people do it vertically or horizontally at the bottom of the tank. I don't think that there's a "wrong" way to mount the heater, provided that the water level is above the fill line and the heater isn't touching anything.

+1 i have some vertical, some at a 45° angle, and some horizontal. I mount them based on size. 300W on my 75 and 50W in my 29 are vertical because they fit that way and are hidden. The 150W on my 29 in at an angle to hide it better. The 150W and 100W in my sw and fw 20 are horizontal because they won't fit vertically.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ive had 2 aqueon normal glass heaters go bad on me and start cocking non stop and form condensation on the inside. They never exploded or anything but I replaced them as soon as I heard the clicking and noticed the condensation. My aqueon pro is awesome though. A sturdy construction that is not glass, can't really tell what it is. But It is powerful, accurate and so far hasn't caused any problems. I also love the black color so I can hide it. (y)

The construction is carbon fiber, mostly used for big fish that can break the glass ones but can be used in any tank, Im going to pick up my aqueon pro in a few hours they are giving me 20% off the price and they are a very high reputable fish store the only downfall is its a 35 min drive

The aqueon pro is extruded aluminum encapsulated in black plastic.
The combination is what makes them virtually indestructible.
$40 for a 200w local is not all bad.
petco would be 50-60.

Things are really heating uppp!!
C.B. dude even I get it. By the dam aqueon folks!!! Now I want one, I currently run a Eheim 250watt in my 90,gal.[emoji15]
By the way good folks , I can't figure out how my own heater works? But I'm at 78°currently, my heater is about 3-4 " from my intake tube. No problems with it far, and it heats up quiet well.[emoji39]

Clem.

I have started replacing all my heaters. I'm going with the Finnex Titanium with digital controller. I have had the 1st one for about a month now and the only complaint I have is its about 1.5 deg off. Nice thing is it has a high and low alarm in the controller.

img_3301470_0_5b5aeb4fdf8bb281f5024627d52d33fc.jpg

img_3301470_1_fbacc877adb9e110f29d281f14a52467.jpg

I have started replacing all my heaters. I'm going with the Finnex Titanium with digital controller. I have had the 1st one for about a month now and the only complaint I have is its about 1.5 deg off. Nice thing is it has a high and low alarm in the controller.

img_3301485_0_5b5aeb4fdf8bb281f5024627d52d33fc.jpg

img_3301485_1_fbacc877adb9e110f29d281f14a52467.jpg

I got an old school(10 year old) catalina(CA) titanium heater (300 watt with other free equipment) that heats faster then any heater I have ever seen.
Use it on my prep barrel.
Temp setting isn't perfect but that is what thermometers are for.
I have been eyeballing some of the BIG finnex and controllers for my 180g..
They look nice...

I got an old school(10 year old) catalina(CA) titanium heater (300 watt with other free equipment) that heats faster then any heater I have ever seen.
They look nice...
How old school we talking about?
I remember titanium heaters by the way, in the early eighties, when just starting getting a bit serious with aquariums. I must of saw them in use and for sale. Im quit sure of this, because it comes to mind when you mention this heaters. Maybe I could be mistaken?
By the way I saw , guess what???
My GBR staring rite at me!!! All I could say" that CB and Poppa, have me RAM FEVER all over again."
This RAM colored up and stared at me, hmmm...maybe he needs some females??? [emoji6]

Clem

By the way I saw , guess what???
My GBR staring rite at me!!! All I could say" that CB and Poppa, have me RAM FEVER all over again."
This RAM colored up and stared at me, hmmm...maybe he needs some females??? [emoji6]

Clem

It is ram breeding season!!!!!(y)
Love is in the water...:whistle:
Get him a girl!:flowers:

It is ram breeding season!!!!!(y)
Love is in the water...:whistle:
Get him a girl!:flowers:
Yea Bro, I was thinking the same thing[emoji40]
This male GBR is my first, I had two females but they only lasted a week or two. The second female died from bacterial infection, but the male has survived and is about 2 months now since I got him.

I'm going to look at some local breeders for this the females, there is a auction this Sunday for a local fish club. I would like to go and get to know some people in my community. The RAMS are nice fish my man!!![emoji106] [emoji106]

Clem.

They look nice...

I rehomed them to a coworker when I took the planted 20 down. He has fry from them but none were long fin.

Back
Top Bottom