I need to move my 36G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need to move our tank to our new house about 10 minutes away. How much water should I take out?

Yes empty the tank. Moving it with water in it will cause stress to the joints. Get yourself a bunch of buckets from home depot move your water and return the bucket when you're done. :)

yep, trying to move it with the water in it can turn in to a disaster... just get a bucket and put your substrate in it and enough water to keep it all moist. put your filter media in a bucket of water as well. move your tank, put your substrate and media back in, dechlor the new water before adding it to the tank to avoid the chlorine killing any bacteria, fill it up, turn on the filter, add fish once you acclimate them properly, monitor levels and be prepared to do big water changes in the event of a mini cycle

Rookie says it right although if you have a 5 gal, IMO I would keep about 5 of the old water along with what rookie said and then when you get it all set up it'll be like you've just done a major water change.

Back
Top Bottom