I really did it this time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They look great, you have done a great job growing them! Do you have an auto water changer on this tank? I'm debating setting one up to keep their water fresh between the weekly water change I will do, but wasn't sure about the drain part.
It's not auto but it's as fast as you could do it any way other than. 300gph pump drains and 600 gph fills. I can do a 40 gal wc in 5 minutes. I do them daily.

I use buckets to drain my 20h grow out. I usually do it at 6 am and the inline pump is very loud. I got tired of the "what the heck are you doing?!?!" And "I'm going to kill you and feed you to those fish" texts... I actually drilled a ball valve into the bottom of the tank. It drains 5 gallons in under a minute. I just leave them and dump them when I get home. If ever I set up a grow out rack they will all be drilled and plumbed. I will have an overflow though. Pump on a timer.. new water in, overflow out.. hands free wcs. Only issue is getting a large enough water storage container into my basement.

I lied about my wc time. It's closer to 10 minutes now that I'm paying attention;)

I like the red ones! I havnt seen any thing around here worth the money yet. I may or may not be going to discus guys house later....

I just got done working. I'm almost to tired to go... he wants this l-49 pleco I found wandering around the park and I want some blue cobalt or a red discus.. he has some nice red discus.. I don't know what I'm going to do..

Starts as a trade, I'll still bring cash, turns out there is a decent market for 5" healthy discus. So what if it takes me 9 months and 1028374728 gallons of water, 12939 pounds of black worms and my sanity to get there!

Starts as a trade, I'll still bring cash, turns out there is a decent market for 5" healthy discus. So what if it takes me 9 months and 1028374728 gallons of water, 12939 pounds of black worms and my sanity to get there!

I laughed so hard at the amount of water... only because I’ve failed keeping them at least a half dozen times [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]?*♂️

Back
Top Bottom