I really did it this time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very good advice V227. The only other option would be to divide the groups Alpha group and Beta group for best growth. That sounds like a insane option, so I would let the pwc's remove some hormones and the natural disposition of the fish do what they do as long as it is a peaceful coexistence!!!

Very good advice V227. The only other option would be to divide the groups Alpha group and Beta group for best growth. That sounds like a insane option, so I would let the pwc's remove some hormones and the natural disposition of the fish do what they do as long as it is a peaceful coexistence!!!
Quiet you [emoji12]. Another 2 weeks of qt and they'll be in the forever home. With plenty of plants and structure to allow them sanctuary. For now I'll try the split side feedings.

Last edited:
Little brats..
P.s. yes the glass is filthy.. wish I had time to clean the glass.. maybe some day in the near future:/
ec6b5ae419945148e6fa2d3a4e6ab452.jpg

You meant SPOILED little brats!!! lol
Yes, spoiled rotten... picture me on a Monday just defeated from work trying to sit on the couch and do nothing after dinner... nope discus dinner 2.0 followed by 90%wc.. I can feel them guilting me from the fish cave. Then I go down there and everyone else wants a second dinner too!

The dominant male and two subordInates are getting a vivid cobalt blue sheen. Really good for being so young.

The dominant male and two subordInates are getting a vivid cobalt blue sheen. Really good for being so young.
What's up with the forehead coloration? That's a good sign I'm guessing?

Your feeding them very well. My discus colored up from the outer perimeters of the body first.
The central region colored up last. If you pull up pictures of the old school wild caught discus, the Browns, Blues and Heckles, virtually the only color on their bodies is on the forehead area and outer edges. Keep the updates coming.

I just started the beef heart today. Otherwise it's been frozen spirulina brine, mini bloodworm, mysis, plankton, cobalt flake and sera red pellets once a day. I think I'll start peddling the beef heart once a day. Should accelerate every thing based on what I've read and consulted. Color seems to have improved overall. Again.. the breeder was a no wc guy. Not discrediting his methods but I've grown many types of cichlids on quality foods and stringent wcs. Not discus though, this is new. I'm following a formula. It's seems to be paying off thus far.. time for a 90%wc!!!

Last edited:
Again.. glass is filthy from spilling water every day everywhere. These guys are growing.. theyre awesome little fish.
81cb2ef86dc86c15ad51b8d12aa43293.jpg

Water spots aren't filthy, just annoying ;).

Congratulations for keeping these little guys growing up so nicely. You are doing a really good job. Pat on back for you! You deserve it. This is all hard work to keep up with well. They are nice looking fish babies. You proud poppa you!

Back
Top Bottom