i wanna see some south american tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OsCar-ObsEsSioN87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my 90 gal south american tank housing:
A tiger oscar
A albino oscar
A pink oscar
A red spotted golden severum
A red devil
A bristlenose pleco
A common pleco

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120327_022129.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120327_022129.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 99
  • ForumRunner_20120327_022228.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120327_022228.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 96
Thank you! Yeah my devil is well... a devil also lol.... All if my fish are really lol constantly putting plants back. But they are worth it to me.... very entertaining fish.

How big is you tank/fish?

Thats a cool set up, convicts are a cool fish, I have all females in my tanks , got tired of them breeding and beating up my bigger fish. Lol

darkmatter_3500 said:
Thats a cool set up, convicts are a cool fish, I have all females in my tanks , got tired of them breeding and beating up my bigger fish. Lol

I'm pretty sure I have all males lol, luckily they don't fight and all my fish get along

Cool fish everyone! :D. I love SA American cichlids but don't have the room for a big tank so I opted for Africans.

Beautiful fish everyone! Is that a redspotted golden severum one page one? Very nice. Love the Dempsey too

Old pics, Re scaped the Tank 2x since then...

54607-albums8953-picture34466.jpg

Pretty! How does the blood parot do with your oscar?

Well,

Not one of my better researched purchases. Never go to the LFS with the wife who "likes colorful fish".:banghead:

At first, no issues. Now the Parrot is trying to bully the Oscar. The Oscar is such a pushover though , just swims the other way...a little aggression but not much, no fin nipping but a lot of Flaring of fins and gills....

I'm looking in 6 months into getting a 125 gallon for them so more space will help.

Yeah my oscars I just consider lazy lol. My red devil pushes them around and my red spotted golden severum pushes the devil around. No nips just being territorial I think. Definitely flareing of fins for sure. My oscars are babies tho I think it'll change soon enough.

image-3769584828.jpg

image-3994424158.jpg

image-537255793.jpg

One of my Grammodes , these guys are very cool. They do not get very big compared to my other fish but they will probably need their own tank soon due to aggression. I think I have a male and female.

darkmatter_3500 said:
One of my Grammodes , these guys are very cool. They do not get very big compared to my other fish but they will probably need their own tank soon due to aggression. I think I have a male and female.

Very nice, I have only read about them never seen what they actually looked like. Thanks for sharing.

Aski247 said:
Very nice, I have only read about them never seen what they actually looked like. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, they are cool fish , always changing colors. They are only 3" but getting bulkier, they are very slow growers. They are already getting big heads and teeth. I bought them through Jeff Rapps. I always heard that they are shy but mine are right out front abd active all day. If I ever breed any cichlids it will be these. Im probably going to get a 75 for them once they grow a little more or sooner if they start causing problems.

Back
Top Bottom