I want a fish that i can feed live food to, any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heyheyitsrae

Aquarium Advice Activist
Planning on getting a 30 gallon tank soon and keeping rosy red minnows (or other feeder fish, I don't know) in a smaller tank. Is this even possible? Or what fish you can do that with in what size tank?

It's possible but I can't think of any fish to fit in a 30 gallon. I'll back out and let other people who've had experiance answer this one .

Any of the smaller SA cichlids can. Cons/fire mouths. But that's all you could have in it.

And really though feeding just live feeder fish isn't the best diet for a fish. You should only feed them live maybe one a month if that. Pellets/frozen as well as crickets are what I always recommend.

I believe adult Peacock Eels would. I know they will eat ghost shrimp. Also African Dwarf Frogs will.

I think you can house at least three South American leaf fish. They eat only live food. African butterfly fish would work too.

jetajockey said:
A grass pickerel is a great predator that would work in a 30 for a while but would eventually outgrow it.

I don't think I'll be able to upgrade any more after this until I get my own house....

Pea puffers or a figure 8 puffer. But again only occasional live food..

Back
Top Bottom