Ibrahim's 25g Mixed Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Found a great LFS...... It's a PETCO!! Lol they had soooooo many SW fish. Literally a whole wall filled with 20g,10g, and 33g tanks. They also had a big selection of corals for cheap. But I couldn't get anything because they said that the shipment was sick with ich so nothing was for sale even the corals :( But I I've pre ordered a watchman goby/ tiger pistol shrimp pair and goniapora for only $60 which is a pretty good deal since the goniopora is 4-5"

Ibrahim said:
Found a great LFS...... It's a PETCO!! Lol they had soooooo many SW fish. Literally a whole wall filled with 20g,10g, and 33g tanks. They also had a big selection of corals for cheap. But I couldn't get anything because they said that the shipment was sick with ich so nothing was for sale even the corals :( But I I've pre ordered a watchman goby/ tiger pistol shrimp pair and goniapora for only $60 which is a pretty good deal since the goniopora is 4-5"

Cool! I am glad that they weren't selling anything because it was sick. That is great!

Gah!!! Found out I could've got a 4 bulb light fixture for $20 more :( I may return the 2 bulb then. I also ordered the Tom 80gph Canister filter.

Ibrahim said:

You do know that goniopora is classed as an expert coral?

Supposed to need perfect water.....

Leighton79 said:

+1 I've heard the same... I wanted one for my tank, but passed. Asked on recommendations and advice of it being so difficult.

Leighton79 said:

Well thanks. I didn't pay yet so ill just leave it out.

Well I've started saving up for the LED Pro module and I have $60 to go since I've reached my monthly spending limit of $200 lol or do you think 200w metal halide would be an over kill?

I have 2 goniporas and they have been doing well so far. i do keep my water pretty pristine but both are in tanks that are less than a year old. I'm hardly an "expert" but so far so good for me. :)

carey said:
I have 2 goniporas and they have been doing well so far. i do keep my water pretty pristine but both are in tanks that are less than a year old. I'm hardly an "expert" but so far so good for me. :)

Ive tried green goniopora but failed. I might try again if I can get a small frag.

I've got a yellow one in my 125g thats been there a few months and a purple/blueish one in my 20g rimless. Both open up really well and the purple one is growing new stalks. :) I have 0 nitrates though and other parameters are stable as well. I think they say it takes months and months to make sure it's gonna make it so I'm still waiting. lol

carey said:
I've got a yellow one in my 125g thats been there a few months and a purple/blueish one in my 20g rimless. Both open up really well and the purple one is growing new stalks. :) I have 0 nitrates though and other parameters are stable as well. I think they say it takes months and months to make sure it's gonna make it so I'm still waiting. lol
k Thanks I have 5 nitrates so I'll wait till they go down. Also do you think a rio 600 is too much flow for my refugium. The air pumps are making toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomuch noise.

Also I got my filter today so :) Pictures and a review will follow. I was thinking of rigging the return line so it goes into my refugium then out the refugium

Ibrahim said:
Also I got my filter today so :) Pictures and a review will follow. I was thinking of rigging the return line so it goes into my refugium then out the refugium

Nice :)

Ok well I've got some updates! Ive added one blue damsel and I finally went out and bought chaetomorpha, grape plants, and maidens hair because I've gotten a super bad case of dinoflagellates. I also got the canister filter set up with ceramic rings and some kind of spongy carbon. I'm going to change out the ceramic rings and place rowaphos or phosban. Also I didn't need to go out and buy a $20 pump to draw water from my tank to refugium since my idea of putting my return line from my canister into my refugium is working. So it's like I got a canister filter for $10 (it costs 30). Anyways here are pictures. First is just an overview of my refuge, second is of how I've got the intake into my tank and return in my refugium. I've added filter floss since the flow was a bit strong and was blowing sand into my tank. Third pic is the canister filter and fourth is the water flowing back into my tank like an HOB filter. I know I've got my refugium filled with macroalgae but I need these phosphates and nitrates gone lol. You can see a bit of the algae in the third picture.
Sorry for my rant it's just that I haven't had an update in a while and this is to make up for it .

Attachments

• image-937435601.jpg
    image-937435601.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 106
  • image-3023722116.jpg
    image-3023722116.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 103
  • image-3488750598.jpg
    image-3488750598.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 96
  • image-2981246536.jpg
    image-2981246536.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 131
Did a 50% WC and wow the tank is clear. And half of the Dinoflagellates is gone. Boy those are hideous..... I also added Redcyano rx by Blueline since it's helped me get rid of Cyanobacteria in 2 days when I first started this hobby. I really want to get rid of this thing so I can add corals and another clown.

Did another 50% water change and almost all the dinoflagellates is gone :) So I may be able to add my other clown. I'm going to get two mechanic clowns or 2 true perc clowns.

Back
Top Bottom