ich cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ostrichkiller

Aquarium Advice Activist
hello everyone,
i found yesterday one of my fish had died over night at the same time i hvae found that there were lots of little white dots on my larger fish (oddly enough my smaller fish have not shone signs of the disease) i got some aqurium salt and started adding it last night while leaving the lights on 24/7 to keep the heat of the water above 80. (no money till fridays pay check for a heater) i assume that the small fish are indeed sick also but i was wonder if anyone knew of faster cures or how long it will usually last in a 55 gal fresh tank
thanks all
-jim

PS - this is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were removed

Go read that article I gave you the link to in your other post ostrichkiller; it will answer all your questions! Salt won't be effective unless the salt levels are 2-3 ppm (not all fish can deal with salt tho), high temps only make the infestation worse (they multiply faster) unless the temps are above 86f (again, not all fish can handle it).

And there is no way to know how long the infestation will last, but you have GOT to treat them really soon or you may wind up with dead fish. The ones who don't have obvious spots MAY actually be infected by the ich in their gills where you can't see it but will kill them just as readily.

Back
Top Bottom