Ich or Fungus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

French

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a cardinal tetra with a few white spots on it. they've been there a while (moth and a half) and none of the other fish have them. I've treated with melafix but haven't had any results. I'm leaning more towards it being some sort of fungus. I've attached a photo but hes hard to get a good pic of. what do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_8791.jpg
    IMG_8791.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_8792.jpg
    IMG_8792.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 64
I have a cardinal tetra with a few white spots on it. they've been there a while (moth and a half) and none of the other fish have them. I've treated with melafix but haven't had any results. I'm leaning more towards it being some sort of fungus. I've attached a photo but hes hard to get a good pic of. what do you think?
It's not ich if they've been there a month and a half. I'm thinking it is some type of fungus/external bacterial infection. Try treating with pimafix along with melafix. Pimafix is good for fungus.

If that fails, I've had good luck with paraguard clearing up wounds, and getting rid of infection, it's really great stuff. Doesn't affect the bio filtration either.

Had to change something in my new tank and noticed the same on 2 of my Cardinals, the group is new in the tank and didn't notice before, keep us updated , going to try 1 week ick treatment for my tank.. zzz

Back
Top Bottom