Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starka

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I noticed today that my betta in my 26gal, has some clear whitish spots on his bottom fin. I am guessing that it is ich, but it doesn't look like the pics I've seen. He's been eating fine and no other problems. None of my platies have it and I really can't tell if my ABN plecos have it since they are pinkish and have always had spots.
So I want you guys to take a look. Sorry the pics aren't really good, he kept turning when I took the pic. Silly fishy.

Ph- 7.8
Amm- 0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-10

3 platies
2 ABN
1 male veil Betta

Thanks all!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120103_201315.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120103_201315.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 72
  • ForumRunner_20120103_201334.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120103_201334.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 60
I can't see it ether but look up ich fish and then compare your fish to the ones that have it bad. Sorry if I'm no help.

Does it look like this?

Attachments

• image-2210586048.jpg
    image-2210586048.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 83
Mlani said:
Does it look like this?

No its just about three spots on his bottom fin. Its like clear but a pale white. Its not solid white like the pictures. I know its hard to see and its right above his long front fin with thewhite tip. He kept movin on me Ill try again in the morning see if he is willing to sit still for a good picture.

Starka said:
No its just about three spots on his bottom fin. Its like clear but a pale white. Its not solid white like the pictures. I know its hard to see and its right above his long front fin with thewhite tip. He kept movin on me Ill try again in the morning see if he is willing to sit still for a good picture.

Is he acting normal? That pic was ich BTW if you didn't know.

Fishie said:
Is he acting normal? That pic was ich BTW if you didn't know.

Ya he's still normal. He gets excited everytime I come to the tank. :) Eating his bloodworms everynight. I was watching my plecos eat some greenbeans when I noticed it. Its only on his rightside fin and I will keep an eye on him.
That's why I was confused and asked all you guys, because he didn't look like your pics.
Thanks for your help

Starka said:
Ya he's still normal. He gets excited everytime I come to the tank. :) Eating his bloodworms everynight. I was watching my plecos eat some greenbeans when I noticed it. Its only on his rightside fin and I will keep an eye on him.
That's why I was confused and asked all you guys, because he didn't look like your pics.
Thanks for your help

Oh ok welcome but other sighns are rubbing against stuff/ slamming its self against something and white salt grains. There is a lot. Glad you keeping a eye out for him!

Can you try to get a better photo? Or even find one online that resembles what he has? Might help more :)
*the rub it in comment wasn't directed to you by any means, fishie has been helping me with my current ich problem*

Mlani said:
Can you try to get a better photo? Or even find one online that resembles what he has? Might help more :)
*the rub it in comment wasn't directed to you by any means, fishie has been helping me with my current ich problem*

Ya I tried but he's a slippery one. :p
I'll look and see if anyone else got a good pic of it.
You guys are more than welcome to play jokes on this thread :)
He is still acting normal this morning, he follows his platy buddies around and still gets excited, almost too excited when I come up to the tank. :) I just can't get him to hold still he keeps going back and forth. I didn't see any rubbing or running into things, but I was called into work today so I can't spy on him. His fins look fine, no tearing just three clear spots on him.
Thanks

Well, I just got home and it seems like it has gotten worse. They are still on the fins, but it seems to have spread to the front long fins and it is still on the bottom fin.
I tried looking for a pic and the closest I got was some gray-like fungus, but it was all over the body, not just the fins. They said that if you put some salt in the tank it should help.
Otherwise he is doing good, no clamping of fins, he flares at the christmas garland that is decorating around the stand, still gets excited when I come up to the tank, eats his bloodworms. I'll watch tonight and see if he is rubbing on anything. No one else in the tank seems to have this.
I'll see if I can get him to sit still long enough for me to take some pics.

If he is in QT, I would do daily 80-100% water changes in the QT tank. Pristine water will help clear up a lot of bacterial and fungal infections. Id also do some large volume water changes in your main tank just to be safe.

I really tried to get a better picture but it just wont show up on the cameras. I have three camera's and none of them can get it. I either get too much refection or I get the water spots on the tank.:banghead:
I researched fish diseases and the only that came close was a fungal. And I also learned that some bettas will change their colors and have spots on their bodies when it happens. I kinda wish that fish had a way of communicating, without having to guess.

It seems like the same as last night hasn't spread much. I just did a 90% water change on him this morning, but I don't think he likes being QT. This morning he had clamped fins and is just hanging out, not really swimming. He is not breathing heavy, fuzzy, or rubbing, just sitting there. Maybe depressed? I'll find out tonight if he is eating.
I will continue the water changes until something changes.
Thanks All :)

Back
Top Bottom