Ick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anonymous

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my emerald corycats has a white spot on his gill, is it ick?

Got it. It is hard to focus in on the spots by the head.
I don't see dots anywhere else on the body...
It looks like some dots. But kind of a line on the head, is it at all fuzzy looking?

Were there more dots before?

Like grains of salt.

Are there any other fish which have spots?

What are the water parameters, i would vac the substrate. Do a couple pwc 30% in one day.

Vac'ing can help rid the bottom of parasites if they are there. Clean treated water is always good.

Oops hit the send button too soon.

Also make sure your water change water is a tiny bit warmer than the tank water.

Is your heater adjustable? Higher? Or a preset.

I honestly cant see the white spots clearly enough.

The line at the head looks like it could be something else. You will be helping the fish with cleaner water and substrate.

Maybe someone can tell better. Or get a clearer pic. If you get a clear focus pic at normal distance, you can edit it by zooming in to the fish more. It should be more clear when you don't use the zoom while taking the pic.

Last edited:
I can't heat the water anymore than 73 because there are comet goldfish in there.
The white spot has been joined by 2 more even after treating the tank for ick.
The spots are fuzzy almost like fungus, I think it might have something to do with the gills though because they are only on the gills.
The other spots are under the first one, they are pretty small though 1555463373411.jpg

I'd guess it is fungal based on the fact it's white and fuzzy. Try dosing him in a quarantine tank with fungal meds.

Sorry I took so long to respond, I was on vacation and I couldn't get service. I left my friend in charge of the tank and he took care of it. Thank you for your help though![emoji846]

Back
Top Bottom