Id corals please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimbo C

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone please ID the two corals growing on the back of my pagoda & can I frag them off with a simple scroll saw?
image-2503024220.jpg

The picture is awful small after this forum gets through with it. Can you upload it to a hosting server like photobucket and then post a link to it?

They look like polyps. The polyp is always the 2 for 1 coral frag deal since they end up growing everywhere. If you cant cut the rock its on then just cut them off with a sharp blade and let sit in a low circulation area till it re attaches to something then glue that to a frag.

I don't know why people refer to them as that. Some are called "button polyps" so I can only guess that people just dropped off the "button". All corals, even sps, have polyps.

I don't know why people refer to them as that. Some are called "button polyps" so I can only guess that people just dropped off the "button". All corals, even sps, have polyps.

Ha im glad I used the term button polyps in my last post. Is there an actual name for the type of coral in the link I posted or is it usually just button polyps? I appreciate the knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom