ID pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman94

Aquarium Advice Freak
My mate just been sent some pics of a pleco and was wondering what kind it is.

The pics aren't that good because the fish are in a tank that someone has just neglected and they want to get rid of them and he might have the fish off them.

I just thought it might be fun to see what people think it is.

Attachments

• image-505666449.jpg
    image-505666449.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 70
  • image-215335561.jpg
    image-215335561.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 68
Fishman94 said:
How big is yours?

He's a monster at least probably a good 12' from head to tail. If he grows anymore I'm probably going to have to sell him because I'm done getting tanks.............unless of course I win the lottery lol!! How big is your sail fin?

Tigroscr said:
He's a monster at least probably a good 12' from head to tail. If he grows anymore I'm probably going to have to sell him because I'm done getting tanks.............unless of course I win the lottery lol!! How big is your sail fin?

12.5" the last time I Measured it about 5 months ago

Fishman94 said:
12.5" the last time I Measured it about 5 months ago

Sweet mother of pearl! I hope mine is done growing!! I had another one about 6 months ago that was about the same size, I hated to get rid of him because he was a darn good algae eater! But I have a friend that owns a LFS and he put him in his 200 gallon display tank and he loves him, he says he never has to clean off any algae because Larry (his name lol) does it for him! :)

Back
Top Bottom