ideas to stock 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aqua hobbyist

Aquarium Advice Freak
all of my fish have died, I am looking for new ideas to put some fish into my aquarium, it's already cleaned and cycled. There is already 1 brittlenose pleco and 1 albino Cory catfish... NOTHING else, please list some ideas?!?!

I would add more corys , and it depends on what you like

Do you like bettas?
Do you like guppys?
Do you like platys?
Do you like shrimp?

the fish that died recently were actually all live bearers SECOND GENERATION, so I want to do something besides LIVEBEARERS and tetras

Ok, first the fish that you already have in there get way too big for your tank. They all do much better in a 20g. I'd suggest moving them because with them in there your not just condemning them to a cramped life that isn't good for them, but you're also loosing out on some fabulous fish that would be good without the cory and pleco.

Now for the options. Well what do you like? One species? More than one species? Big? Small? Unique? Common? Aggressive? Calm? Big Fins? Active? Colorful? Neutral? Exotic? Native? If you specify what you like out of those or give us a fish or two we can give you THOUSANDS of options. It's all up to you!

cory stock

Currently only have 1 brittle nose pleco and 1 albino Cory catfish, and 6 tiger barbs, how many more cories can I put in

Yeah you could do some ghost shrimp, but google red cherry shrimp, they are gorgeous. And have color.

( also ghost shrimp reproduce and go through a larval stage when some get eaten. But red cherry shrimp are born as mini adult versions)

our local pet store(paetsmart) only sells ghost shrimp so I guess I'll exclude them.

Your tank is already pretty full but I would add 1 Cory to give the other one a buddy. They do better kept in groups but 2 is the max for your tank!

well I just took out the tiger barbs, so how many more cories could j take

I think 3 is the max for a 10 gallon. But get smaller Cories like Pandas, or Juliis

Back
Top Bottom