Identification please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlidguy101

Aquarium Advice Regular
For a school of these guys at my lfs they called it a blue Kerri tetra but thinking about it that doesn't look right so I look it up they don't look anything alike can someone help me out and tell what they are please

image-1120705043.jpg

WOW you are lucky to have those at your LFS! I have never heard of them, but I did some research, and, like the columbian/blue-red tetra, it goes by many names. The fish in the picture (inpaichthys kerri) goes by the names:
Purple emperor tetra
Blue emperor tetra
Super blue kerri tetra
Emperor kerri tetra
Blue kerri tetra
Kerri tetra

Apparently, they are pretty rare, and very beautiful!
I don't think they are related to the emperor tetra, but they look like the blue Glofish of emperor tetras (if there was one). I would buy some, they look cool!

They don't look much like what you have in the picture though!
Is your LFS reliable, 'cause maybe they got the fish name wrong?!

WOW you are lucky to have those at your LFS! I have never heard of them, but I did some research, and, like the columbian/blue-red tetra, it goes by many names. The fish in the picture (inpaichthys kerri) goes by the names:
Purple emperor tetra
Blue emperor tetra
Super blue kerri tetra
Emperor kerri tetra
Blue kerri tetra
Kerri tetra

I don't think they are related to the emperor tetra, but they look like the blue Glofish of emperor tetras (if there was one). I would buy some, they look cool!

Are u sure those names are right cause I also have a emperor tetra and they look noting alike

Purple emperor tetra
Blue emperor tetra
Super blue kerri tetra
Emperor kerri tetra
Blue kerri tetra
Kerri tetra

And none of those fish are the ones I have but thanks anyways

Back
Top Bottom