identify this fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeofrude

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought this from my lfs purely because it interested me but for the life of me I cant remember what it was called? Can anyone enlighten me please?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110617_175304.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110617_175304.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 198
  • ForumRunner_20110617_175346.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110617_175346.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 197
I think there is... I could be wrong, but I swore I saw a "whiptail" pleco online, was like a bristlenose, but had a very long tail, just like that one in tthe pic..but again, I'm no expert by any means

hippy guy said:
I think there is... I could be wrong, but I swore I saw a "whiptail" pleco online, was like a bristlenose, but had a very long tail, just like that one in tthe pic..but again, I'm no expert by any means

Me neither... Well, it's one of the two lol. Or maybe they're two names for the same thing?

Google image search whiptail pleco, that looks just like yours, I also looked it up at some online stores, pretty sure their two different species

They look silly haha. Seems like an interesting fish, however, I gota wait till I can get a bigger tank, as mines full :(

yeah this not a whiptail pleco it's a banjo cat. I have one of these I transferred from a 10 gallon to my 46 gallon. There have been times I thought he/she was dead because it doesn't move very much during the day but its still alive after 7+ years.

Well looking at them side by side like that, id defiantly say mines a banjo cat. Thanks for the help guys

Back
Top Bottom