Identify this fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

briemol12

Aquarium Advice Freak
Not sure what type of fish this is.
The guy told me the name yet forgot right away.
It's an African something. Any help! Thanks ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422675043.108456.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422675065.843319.jpg

They will get big, but they are beautiful. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They will get big, but they are beautiful. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah the guy told me that they do get pretty big, but I was reading they are picky on what they eat, and I am afraid that he will die of hunger.

I've had mine for 6 years now and he is easily the hardiest fish I have. They are really cool but do grow!

I've had mine for 6 years now and he is easily the hardiest fish I have. They are really cool but do grow!

I just got mine today and hope he last a long time :) what do you feed him? How do you feed him?
I hear they are picky

Mines not picky at all, I usually just feed him frozen brine shrimp and he will eat a whole cube in one bite if I don't melt it. Sometimes I'll buy live ghost shrimp so I can see him hunt.

Mines not picky at all, I usually just feed him frozen brine shrimp and he will eat a whole cube in one bite if I don't melt it. Sometimes I'll buy live ghost shrimp so I can see him hunt.

Live ghost shrimp huh ... I put flakes today and he didn't eat at all :(
He been wanting to eat my baby guppies that are in a small incubator inside the tank. I hope he eats soon :( I am worry

Live ghost shrimp huh ... I put flakes today and he didn't eat at all :(
He been wanting to eat my baby guppies that are in a small incubator inside the tank. I hope he eats soon :( I am worry

They won't eat flakes because they are carnivores, but they'll take easy to get frozen foods like blood worms. They will definitely eat small fish like neons and guppies (They have big mouths) so be careful! Also, dont feed them too much or your water quality will drop.

Just my fish story...

He is a leopard ctenopoma. Strictly carnivore.

They love to hide in the day, hunt at night.

If you feed him live small fish just make sure he can swallow it and not choke on it. Mine tried to eat a 1.5 inch long swordtail, luckily I was there in time to scare him so he spit the swordtail out. Mine also tried to eat a tiger bard that was the size of a dime. (JUst to give you fish sizes that will fit in his mouth) I have read on here many people losing their ctenopoma due to choking.

I feed mine blood worms, brine shrimp, brine shrimp pellets and on occassion very small feeder guppies.

Just my fish story...

He is a leopard ctenopoma. Strictly carnivore.

They love to hide in the day, hunt at night.

If you feed him live small fish just make sure he can swallow it and not choke on it. Mine tried to eat a 1.5 inch long swordtail, luckily I was there in time to scare him so he spit the swordtail out. Mine also tried to eat a tiger bard that was the size of a dime. (JUst to give you fish sizes that will fit in his mouth) I have read on here many people losing their ctenopoma due to choking.

I feed mine blood worms, brine shrimp, brine shrimp pellets and on occassion very small feeder guppies.

Got cha. I'll try to get him some food :) I don't wAnt him to die of hunger. And yeah his been trying to eat my baby guppies ... It's scary

I just got mine today and hope he last a long time :) what do you feed him? How do you feed him?
I hear they are picky

My husband feeds his sinking shrimp pellets. He eats a lot before they even hit the ground, and then he hunts around the tank for more.

My husband feeds his sinking shrimp pellets. He eats a lot before they even hit the ground, and then he hunts around the tank for more.

I bought him blood worms yesterday I feed him but didn't want to eat so I don't know what's going on with him :(

Back
Top Bottom