Identity fish name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mahir.asrani

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello
Can someone tell me my fish name ??

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422457779023.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422457779023.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 122
  • uploadfromtaptalk1422457824078.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422457824078.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 98
  • uploadfromtaptalk1422457862163.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422457862163.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 101
type of goldfish and probably a tetra of sorts. what size tank? Those fish have two different water temperature requirements and shouldnt be housed together.

The ones in the last pic are black skirt tetras. And the big fish looks like a koi

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

type of goldfish and probably a tetra of sorts. what size tank? Those fish have two different water temperature requirements and shouldnt be housed together.
That's 40gallon tank
Really but aquarium shop owner don't tell me anything about that he say that
They can live together

Sent from my XT1033

That's 40gallon tank
Really but aquarium shop owner don't tell me anything about that he say that
They can live together

Sent from my XT1033

he wanted to sell you fish, he didnt care for the health of any of them to be honest. return the koi they need huge cold water tanks or ponds. Tetras need temperatures from 78-80 *F.

How many of the black skirts do you have

he wanted to sell you fish, he didnt care for the health of any of them to be honest. return the koi they need huge cold water tanks or ponds. Tetras need temperatures from 78-80 *F.

How many of the black skirts do you have
I have 6 black tetra and 2 other ( koi )
I will shift them to my other tank ( 20 gallon )

Sent from my XT1033

the koi won't do good in the 20 or 40 they need huge tanks. like 200+ gallons

The ones in the last pic are black skirt tetras. And the big fish looks like a koi

I agree. Looks like a baby Koi and then those are Black Skirt Tetras. If it is a Koi, you will want to rehome it pretty soon Koi get huge! I've seen some that are 30 inches long.

Caleb

Might have a slight obsession with my fish

I agree. Looks like a baby Koi and then those are Black Skirt Tetras. If it is a Koi, you will want to rehome it pretty soon Koi get huge! I've seen some that are 30 inches long.

Caleb

30 inches OMG!
My tank length is 35" i cant keep this fish
Tell me what to do now ??

Sent from my XT1033

If you know anyone that has their own koi pond, you could give it to them. But NEVER release that koi into a neighborhood pond.

It's illegal to release it into native streams and rivers. It could transmit unknown diseases to the native fish. Kind of like smallpox with the Native Americans

Nothing like rosy reds it is definetly Koi. They guy that sold it to you is a jerk. Put it up on craigslist to someone with a pond. They are not aquarium fish. If you want something of that color to go with the black skirts look at silver mollies.

Koi...needs a pond.

Black Skirt Tetras...needs 6 or more and I recommend 20g or larger tank as they can be nippy.

I have 6 black skirt tetra and my tank is 40gallon

Sent from my XT1033

I have 6 black skirt tetra and my tank is 40gallon

Sent from my XT1033

That sounds fine. Just find the Koi a new home in someone's private pond or back to the jerk that sold it to you.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom