I'm back again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Territoons

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm back! With bad news/good news. Bad news, my beautiful and finally stabilized 29 gallon tank sprung a leak. Good news, all my little fishies survived the emergency transfer to the 10 gallon tank. More good news...I'm going out this weekend to buy a new tank...at least a 60 gallon...maybe more if I can fit it in my classroom (need to check dimensions). I want to set THIS one up correctly. Altho crowded, I think my fish can survive in their 10 gallon sized vacation home while I "cycle" the new, big tank. I'm thinking about taking the filter pad out of the current filter (I moved it from the 29 to the 10 gallon with the fish) and putting it whatever current filter I end up with. Right?

I'm also curious about a million other things. I looked through the forum because I thought someone said there were some plans in the DIY section build your own aquarium stand. My husband and I are VERY DIY, so I'd be curious to have links to that site?

Also, I would like to be able to grow plants in my new tank. Nothing fancy, just LIVE plants. What are my options with lights? Think inexpensive, please!

I like the filter that I have, it's a Fluval U2. Can I just get a bigger one of those if I get a bigger tank? I won't put my fish in the tank until its all cycled and the water tests out nice and YOU guys say it's okay. I screwed everything up last time. I want to do it right this time. Does anybody have any advice for me before I go out and start spending money? I really blew my budget last time, because I was being stupid. So now I have very little budget to work with. I found a great deal on new fish tanks at my LFS for $1 a gallon! I'm excited!

any advice? Any money saving tips? :)

Back
Top Bottom