im cheap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LostLoach

Aquarium Advice Activist
can i possibly grow any plants in a 55 gallon aquarium with two 15w flourescent tubes!?!?..theres a fat window in my room does that help?

You might be able to grow some very low-light plants. Java moss, java ferns, crypts, and anubias. Sunlight can help, but it leads to algae most of the time.

I grew several plants quite well with just an $8 shop light from walmart on a 55g tank...

img_1148626_0_ad1651d7f36271456bd77187ba239a1e.jpg

not the greatest in the world, but I liked it

worst case do what mfd said and get some t8 lighting. direct sun causes algae so i would stay away from that.

yah i was thinking about the shop light but l=i dont know how i would put it on because it has a full hood and the lights fit perfectly in the hood with glass beneath them but the whole thing isnt glass so wha do i do? and also how would i go about putting a reflector in a shop light?
thanks-david

mine was just sitting on top of the tank. I dont run hoods on any of my tanks anyways. There's no real need for reflectors, very little light leaks out the sides

alright hopefully i can work something thanks for you help and advice i appreciate it
thanks-david

Back
Top Bottom