I'm finally very happy with my 65 gal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vladka

Aquarium Advice Activist
It was a little rough at first but I changed the design to a more natural set up and added rainbow fish and it's finally looking amazing!
Also just switched from an HOB to 2 canisters and it's working great!
I'm merging my 20 and 29 gal so I moved the 2 bristlenose plecos (one albino) from the 29 to the 65 and they are so much happier! They are out much more often, not as territorial, swim around, like the rocks and sand instead of the gravel. And of course they still have their driftwood and cave[emoji226]
Before:
IMG_8155.JPG
After: (I think I could play with the plant arrangement more)
IMG_0832.jpg
Some fish in it: IMG_0830.jpgIMG_0836.jpg
IMG_0839.JPGIMG_0838.JPG
29 gal:
They were very territorial in here and claimed a half of the tank and would seldom cross over or move much.
IMG_4928.JPG

Angelfish are like that. They want to protect their eggs or breeding spot.

The up grade was a good choice. You have a nice bunch of Rainbows there :)

Angelfish are like that. They want to protect their eggs or breeding spot.

The up grade was a good choice. You have a nice bunch of Rainbows there :)

I was actually referring to the bristlenose plecos lol...
But I'm surprised, ever since I got the canisters, the flow had been much gentler and my angels actually spawn and all! I've never saved the babies but I have 3 angels and they made a funny pair, I have a small black one (don't have a picture) and the big golden one. It was very exciting that they praised my water that much haha.

IMG_1324.jpg

Now I'm even happier! Any styling advice? I love the new wood but am unsure of placement. Hopefully the plants will do fine without any ferts.

Back
Top Bottom