I'm new here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brentonio

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so somehow I typed a huge thing and it disappeared. I'll try again.

I have a 35g hex (I think it's that big) with 3 too big fish in it. One Oscar named bubba who longingly looks at the new 125g next to his current home all day long. One large pleco (forgot what kind) named spike and a feeder goldfish tha survived the death and destruction of Bubba and has grown quite large (I think bubba will take him out when they move into the new place. My wife thinks otherwise. Your thoughts?)

The 125g will likely have a Rena XP3 soon unless anyone here has something to say about it. I have to re-finish the stand so it will be a little while longer (sorry bubba). I also plan to build a nice hood down the road sometime (I've always wanted one of those since I was a kid)

I also live in an upstairs Condo. Anyone think I should worry about the weight? I know it's about 1200 to 1350 pounds but I have to think a water bed weighs a heck of a lot more. I was thinking I'd put a piece of .75" plywood under the stand to distribute the weight across floor joists better.

Well this isn't the last you'll here of me I'm sure. Thanks,

Brent

Welcome to AA.

Brentonio said:
(I think bubba will take him out when they move into the new place. My wife thinks otherwise. Your thoughts?)

Could go either way, but I suspect that Bubba will continue to ignore him.

I also live in an upstairs Condo. Anyone think I should worry about the weight?

Newer condo? Then probably no worries.

I know it's about 1200 to 1350 pounds but I have to think a water bed weighs a heck of a lot more.

A water bed, with frame, headboard, and a couple of adult occupants runs about 2200 lbs typically, so yes.

I was thinking I'd put a piece of .75" plywood under the stand to distribute the weight across floor joists better.

You could, but with a level floor and a good aquarium stand, it should not be necessary.

smilies-35567.png

Welcome! :mrgreen:

I think perhaps two XP3s might be in order - I don't think one is going to move enough water for this size tank.

Back
Top Bottom